Dearborn Jewelers of Plymouth Today:
Right in the heart of downtown Plymouth, overlooking Kellogg Park, stands the elegant Mayflower Centre. Inside this stately Georgian-style building, facing Ann Arbor Trail just west of Main Street, you will find one of the nicest jewelry stores in all of Southeast Michigan. Dearborn Jewelers is nice because of the people inside, nice because of the fine jewelry and fashion accessories you will find there, nice because of the craftsmanship and service they provide. This is not a chain store. This is not a mall jewelry store. This store is one-of-a-kind. “You have beautiful things here,” is the phrase we hear most often from our first-time visitors. Come see for yourself.
Dearborn Jewelers of Plymouth History:
In 1950, *Nick Pavlich Sr., opened his first jewelry store and watch repair service on Monroe Street, just a half block south of Michigan Avenue in Downtown Dearborn, Michigan. Having completed his tour of duty in the United States Navy, he left his parents’ house in the town of Weirton, West Virginia to establish a new home and new dream for his family.
Nick’s philosophy was simple: work hard every day, only deal with the best of the best quality, and give back to the community. Dearborn Jewelers flourished. Today a new generation of the Pavlich family – raised in the strong traditions of hard work, integrity and community service – is bringing the family business into a new century. The remarkable family members – sons – *John, Nick Jr., Bill and daughter, Teri – bring more years of experience and knowlege to the jewelry business than any of their contemporaries. “The most amazing thing at the end of the day” says a family friend “is the love that they have for each other.” In 2003, Dearborn Jewelers, moved from the Michigan Avenue location to Ann Arbor Trail and Main Street in Downtown Plymouth, Michigan. They built the store of their dreams to continue the legacy of this fine family business. Daughter, Teri Allen, and her brother, Nick Pavlich, Jr. continue to carry on the philosophies that their father, Nick Sr., instilled in them. * Dedicated to the memory of John Pavlich 1957-2000 and Nick Pavlich Sr. 1925 – 2006
At Dearborn Jewelers, our mission is:
– to delight and surprise our customers by providing a better shopping experience than expected – to provide outstanding value in our products and services – to build trust through knowledge and integrity – to be consistently professional – keeping our customers’ best interests always as our top priority – to become your jeweler of choice
- “Teri, I don’t know if Matthew told you but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my ring! Thank you to you and Emily for you help….in designing it. It’s perfect and I’m thrilled. I just wanted you to know that I appreciated all the time and effort you took with me. You and your staff are super. You made me feel extra special as a customer and that’s something I’ll not forget. Thank you so much.” (2014)
- “Hello Dearborn Jewelers, Thank you for the wonderful gift certificate. It arrived on a snowy, frigid day when winter weariness had certainly set in. It was a great surprise to open your envelope and to find your random act of kindness. I look forward to shopping. Thank you for your kindness and for your help to make our community a thriving, caring place to live.” (2014)
- “Dearborn Jewelers is the only jeweler I trust; they give the highest quality, personalized service and have a beautiful selection. They took the diamonds from my grandmother’s 25th anniversary ring and reset them into my wedding band. I also wanted to integrate the center stone from that ring and Nick suggested adding it to my diamond heart pendant (graduation gift) that I purchased there previously. Dearborn Jewelers has been a part of the milestones in our lives and will continue to be for many years to come.” (2013)
- “Thank You so much for your love and support…as we walk our journey and look ahead to our future, Matt and Teri. You both created an amazing atmosphere and night that I(we) will never forget.” (2013)
“So great and very patient. They were able to help me find exactly what I was looking for. Great family service!!!” (2013)
“To Matt and Nick – Thank you, thank you, thank you! We couldn’t have… asked for better service or a more breathtaking ring! Matt – thank you for working with us all the way from Houston. I love that members of my family have been coming to you for years, and now I know why. Not only did you earn our complete trust with your professionalism, reassurance, and knowledge, but you were so helpful and kind. Nick, thank you for setting our stones so perfectly. We appreciate your detailed, quality work as well as your expertise. We will continue to pass on the word about our wonderful experience working with you! Thank you for your contributions to starting our beautiful and bright future together!” (2013)
“Thanks for the phenomenal job Dearborn Jewelers did helping equip me to get down on one knee!” (2012)
“Teri, Thank you very much for sending over the appraisal, just what I need to insure the ring. I very much appreciate the outstanding customer service. With all the internet shopping these days and Home Depot type purchases where volume has replaced individual attention to customers it is really unusual to experience such service. I had a very positive experience when I purchased the ring from Dearborn Jewelers and that [sic] fact that you all would go to such effort almost 10 years later is really impressive and speaks volumes about your commitment to the customer. Plus, the ring was so nice my wife couldn’t have possibly turned down my proposal…Thank you again for your help.” (2008)